We need to save python!! we need your help.python trademark is at risk in Europe, If you are working in EUROPE help PSF.
More : http://pyfound.blogspot.in/2013/02/python-trademark-at-risk-in-europe-we.html
There is a company in the UK that is trying to trademark the use of the term "Python" for all software, services, servers... pretty much anything having to do with a computer.........
What can you do?
1. Do you work for a company that uses Python? Are in the EU, do you hire in the EU, or do you have an office in the EU? Could you write a letter on company letterhead that we can forward to our EU counsel?
We would want:
- just a brief description of how Python is used at your company,
- how your company looks for and recognizes "Python" as only coming from the PSF, and
- your view that another company using term Python to refer to services, software, and servers would be confusing
You can send a PDF copy of the letter to email@example.com
2. Do you have, or know of, anything that was published in the EU and uses "Python" to refer to Python-the-language? Can we get copies, pictures, or scans? This includes:
- Conference programs or talks
- Job listings
- Magazines or other publications
3. You can also help protect the Python intellectual property with financial support.
Since the costs of a trademark opposition are in the range of tens of thousands of dollars, we will need to find a way to refinance the legal costs of the opposition.
Please consider donating to the Python Software Foundation at:
Finally resolved. :)
The trademark of Python will remain free after a copyright issue was resolved due to a withdrawn request by hosting solution company Veber.